Wednesday, November 26, 2008
One of my favorite things to do with my daughters is to shop; even grocery shop. Off to Costco with Deborah and Dina to buy our Thanksgiving turkey. My thoughts went back to the days when I would take my 4 little ones (sorry Debs you weren't around yet) to Aldi's for our weekly grocery shopping excursion. Mom was steering the cart with the four kids either alongside me or behind me. Today I watched from behind my two daughters as they went from aisle to aisle looking at what to throw in the cart next. They were like little girls - giggling and debating as siblings do. It was such a pleasant sight to behold! And as we sat and had the famous Costco "hotdog", Deborah and Dina fought over the straw of the soda they were sharing. They were each trying their limited french words on their mother; as they said "ma mere" I giggled to myself as to how silly they must have sounded to a true French Canadian. As we were exiting the store, I looked to my right to see Deborah had fallen to her knees. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I think her older sister put her there. I was amused again, along with the lady in line behind us. Another opportunity to laugh occurred, and now I remember why I love to shop with my daughters!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment